Monday, March 20, 2017

Blogging A to Z Theme Reveal

It's almost April, meaning it's almost time for the Blogging A to Z Challenge! Today is step 1 on the A to Z journey - theme reveal day!


I really struggled with my theme this year. Not coming up with one necessarily, but deciding if that's the one I wanted to go with. While I love having readers (who doesn't?) and want to pick topics that I think will appeal to many people, I use this blog to write about the things I love and know well, which may not always have widespread appeal. Last year, I wrote about my second love, social psychology. This year, I'm going to take on the challenge of writing about my first love, a topic that often makes my friends' eyes glaze over and perfect strangers stop asking me about what I do for a living.

Because my first love is statistics.

So here it is - this year's theme: Statistics in Action.

Here's my goal for this year's theme - to write about statistics topics that I think will be useful for most people and to do so in a way that is understandable and approachable. You're bombarded with statistics on a daily basis. Having some basic understanding of what goes on behind the numbers will help you use those statistics to your advantage and not be fooled by people who misuse those numbers or simply present them without really knowing what they mean.

I hope these posts will be informative but short, funny, and full of examples. I'm even thinking of doing some video posts - so you can listen to someone geek out about statistics instead of reading and trying to glean my enthusiasm. Hell, I'd even do the videos in a bikini if I thought it would keep you engaged.

So be sure to drop by in April for 26 posts on Statistics in Action!

4 comments:

  1. That actually sounds fascinating. And I'm much more interested in words than numbers generally speaking. I look forward to learning something from your blog this month. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Statistics in general fascinate me, especially when they're presented in unusual or interesting ways. I look forward to seeing your Challenge posts.

    Cait @ Click's Clan

    ReplyDelete
  3. My struggle with statistics is what made me switch my college major from psychology to English. Now I appreciate stats more and understand them better. Maybe I can redeem myself with your posts. I think this is a very interesting and informative theme.

    Have a great A to Z April!


    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete